A year in review? No this isn’t like your performance review at work.
Can you believe it? This is the last challenge of the 12 month healthy habits challenge!
It’s in our nature to reflect and think about what we didn’t accomplish, what more we could have done, or what we could have differently. And while these things are important, it’s also important to realize what you have done and how far you have come. And we do that by creating a yearly accomplishments list.
So let’s first start with reflecting on what you’ve accomplished this year, whether it’s related to this challenge or anything else you’ve done this year. Maybe your accomplishment is as simple as:
This is the first time I’ve attempted to make any change.
That’s a success isn’t it? YES! You made an attempt. You’re further than you were before. Let’s focus on what you did do well and then set goals or resolutions or what ever you want to call them to make progress this year. Looking back and dwelling is going to get you no where fast. Let’s look forward and make this year the best year yet.
To help you get started, I wrote down a few things I’m proud of from 2015 and what I plan to work on in 2016. It isn’t an exhaustive list but it will help you get started on yours.
My Year in Review
- I created and completed the healthy habits challenge.
- I drank more water
- I signed up and started studying for the ACE personal training certification.
- I made an effort to ask everyone new that I met what I could help them with or what they were most excited about in the life right now.
- I spent more quality time with my loved ones.
- I let loose in Italy and savored every bite, every sip, every moment.
- I put myself out there more to create new connections and relationships.
- I was kind to myself when looking in the mirror more often than I wasn’t.
- I pushed and challenged my body to try workouts I’ve never triedI ran faster than I ever thought I could
- I tried foods I’ve never heard of or was too afraid to try
- I taught a class in nutrition
- I read and listened to more books this year than any other year (mostly in personal and professional development)
- I interviewed on 2 podcasts
- I shot a several TV segments with a few close friends and colleagues
- I took care of my health by finally accepting that I needed sinus surgery and going through with it
- I made sure to tell and show my husband that I love him every day.
I don’t know about you but I’m ready to set goals for next year. There are definitely things I set out to do that I didn’t accomplish and many mistakes I’ve made during the year.
There are definitely things I set out to do that I didn’t accomplish and many mistakes I’ve made during the year. But if I were to focus on that it would just bring me down and I certainly would not be motivated to set new goals. Treat yourself to some love this year. Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it.CHALLENGE: Write down your accomplishments list and be proud. Tuck it away for a rainy day. 🙂
New to the healthy habits challenge ? Start here.